Monday, April 26, 2010

Newbie of Medianlabs

yeah. Finally I stepped into Medianlabs.
There are only two words I can describe the working place.
So Free.
It's really free. Not that free you think like got nothing to do. It points to the environment and people there bring me to feel so free.

I went out again when I just stayed there for like only 5 minutes. Marlene brought me to KAMI( a printing company) to pass files to get them to be printed out. I had seen that how she cropped and adjusted the works in AI when there is something wrong with the outline. How to set the right printing saving setting as well. To make sure the resolution and colour will be fine.

In car, Marlene told me a lot more of her own history and Medianlabs. Even she brought me to her home. :D Her home is like a little zoo. I can even see peacocks there. Not only one. There are four! LOL. The back part of her home reminded me SPCA that I visited not long time ago. hoho. But not so spectacular like SPCA lah.

Marlene was graduated from LimKokWing. She upgraded herself for degree in somewhere in West M'sia that I forgot the name ady. ^^'" After that she went for training in two companies in M'sia as well before she got to go Beijing for her last job as a employee. She had stayed in Beijing for almost 5 years. Worked as art director in Aussino(I dunno whether I spell it right or not). She is great. She is nice. She is awesome. These are what I can describe her. She told me a lot the life when being as a designer and the living rules in design world. She is so patient in everything. I can say thanks to Jesus she has a good temper. I can see she is holy enough in everything.
By the way, it's much funnier that all her friends know me. Cos most of her friends are chunghua students. Even the seniors that are bigger than me a lot. I remember that I dunno them well too. But they do. -.^ They even told Marlene I can draw well. wow. Am I really so famous? Marlene starts to look up at me. my god. -.- I'm only a foundation graduate.


Back to office, there are two colleagues sitting with facing their laptop and so damn big Mac plasma desktop. Both of them are guy. Ian and Nick. (I dunno I got the spelling right or not). haha. One chinese and one malay? I doubt because Ian doesn't look like either Malay or bumiputera. But they are really funny. The first thing they put on me is change my name. My name will be 'ah girl' from today on. -.-'" This is their usual rule for trainee. Ah girl for gal, ah boy for guy. The second thing they told me is not to be shy to them. Cos they will play things on me if I am not planning to be friend with them. LOL. What a different rule in office. Besides, they told me not to be shocked if there is camera in front of you in a sudden. Cos they are photographers too besides as graphic designers. They love to make fun on people and make them videos. I can say that I am fine with it cos I already get used to this kind of life in The One. My classmates are crazy like them. But not that pro like them. :P
Ian said he started to like me when I started to make joke with him. Cos I knew that the last trainee was not so talkative and funny like me. Hoho. Looking forward to have fun with you guys in this two weeks.

They even asked me want to join their tennis game in the office or not. LOL. It's so too over I can say. But Marlene is fine with it. Cos she likes her office to be like that. Enough freedom for designers to get their space.

There are quite a lot of CD or DVD players set tidily and fulfilled the wall with TV. MACs and PCs in the middle. A small office is fulfilled with right enough equipments. You can get coffee and other drinks behind the door of the office. You can walk out for a drink too if you want. Just like Ian and Nick usually did. Marlene told me.

Will be taking pictures few days later since I am just new to there. I am still shy what. :P haha.


After that, Marlene gave me a project to work on. It's a signboard of a tuition center in KL. Even West M'sia asked Miri company to do for them huh? Marlene explained the things I have to take care and showed the previous signboards that the tuition had before. I can say they are bad. -.- Sorry. I also have no guts to say that I can do it well too. Just try my best kay.

Looking forward to what Medianlabs can bring to me. Tomorrow is a new day. Marlene will come to pick me up with some chunghua students that I know some to breakfast and go to work at the Petroleum museum in the morning. Sounds to copy some info for the Shell project.
:)


Sigh.
One more letter for me today again. From Sibu as well. Want to get to know with same reason and got my details with the same source. Wtf I can say. Lazy to deal with it.

It's exact 12 in the morning. I have to work on my works now. Night.
:)

1 comment:

  1. Wa... so many secret about me di-bocor here leh. hee hee. however, we are happy to have you around :)

    ReplyDelete