Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Diary of working as a trainee

Well. I realised that I always spend two or two and an half hour to writing my blog everyday. Transferring the photos from camera or phone, grabbing photos from fb, and do editing. But I enjoy it. :D

Lets introduce my colleagues in Medianlabs.

Rachel is their bestie and church friend.
grabbed it from Nick's fb. :P

Today is the second day I have my training in Medianlabs. Marlene came and picked me up at 9am. Then went for breakfast with my 3 juniors, Ian and Nick. Ian always acts so funny in everything, including reading magazine as well. I can see his enthusiasm on photography when he looks and studies every photographs in the camera magazine. Woots. After that, we were brought to KAMI again to check the color print. That's something wrong. Marlene rejected it and wanted them to readjust and reprint. The gal who in-charges looking so nervous about, she had no idea what's wrong with it. I am really surprised that such a printing company they don't have either AI or PS software in their computers. omg. They only print things with jpeg files. I can see that Marlene was not pleased with it since the words are not clear enough. (actually it's only a very very very very very a little bit blur at the edges of the words). See how strict Marlene is? She had told me during the interview section last week. She is famous in rejecting printing works in Miri. Hoho. Whatsoever in the end, they reprinted the colors and still got it wrong, Marlene finally dint want to talk about this thing and just readjust the colors again her own self and exported them. There are 6 files. All of them are large. So I helped to do two by using my laptop there. From that, I learned I have to adjust the CMYK, and we should choose colour by filling the numbers in CMYK instead of straight away clicking the colours in the bar. You can get the color CMYK numbers in a 'color book'.(actually it has a name for it, but I forgot ady). It's 100 something in US dollars you know. LOL. When can I get it?

After that, we headed to Petroleum Museum to copy down the history of Shell. From that, I got to know how Shell invest the oil stuff and the Miri Well No.1 got to exist. Miri Well is the 1st oil well in the world they said. Wow. How proud we are. But so? Now we are lacking of oil even Miri is the main oil production city. Thanks to the government. It was so damn hot in the the museum since there is no air-cond supplying. It's not good to the tourists cos it's a tourism recommended place what. duhhh.

Marlene is keying the words. See how casual she is.
Me and Willam. Copy copy. (Marlene took)BoyBoy. My chunghua junior.
Knew him in camp when I was form.4.


Lunch. Ian suggested McD. CC was in my mind that moment. Haha. Nick loves double cheese burger like I like before I went to kl. Why? Cos double cheese burger set is so much more expensive than miri's. Btw, my colleagues gave me a task to take order of 6 of them. with a bit lot requirements. LOL. This is my welcoming lunch leh. How can they do that to me. But I handled it well.
4 sets of Big Mac (One large)
3 sets of Double Cheese Burger
(Two large, one coke with a little bit ices and one coke with no ice)


This is the look when I was queuing up form them.
photo credited to Ian.

It looks easy right? Actually I'm quite nervous of it and then keep memorising by reading it again and again in my heart when I was chit-chatting with Ian and Nick when we were queuing for our serves to be arrived. Nick was satisfied while Ian regretted that he should play it more on the ala-carte or different meals things. So bad. -.-
But thanks to him and Marlene for this welcoming lunch.

We got a picha before we eat!
Thanks to Marlene to be the camera man.

Back to office, I continued the signboard works. Ian saw it and gave some comments that may be I can have a try to put baby stork image on the signboard since the center is also for daycare service. Ian and Nick keep 'peeping' at how I do the image things in AI and Ps. They are surprised with my illustrator skills. I can know that they are not so good in these drawing and editing softwares. But they are good in photography and editing videos. Before the day was going to end, Marlene finally came and took a look on my works. She was not pleased. She said my works are too complicated for a daycare and tuition center signboard. I thought they are simple enough already. She wants me to work on it again with giving critiques and comments. Okay, it reminds me I was showing digital sketches to Debbie. But Marlene won't look at my references lah. haha.

Besides, I found lots of great jobs in photography in their fb just now.
Just grabbed one for u guys to see. :D

This is what they like to shoot.



And............one more thing my dad found and showed me.
Phenomena 75
the recent The One graduates show their works and creativity in blood donating activity in sunway!
it's until 16th of May.
I'll find someone to accompany me to get there after going back.

1 comment: